Julie combines her extensive coaching, yoga and business consulting experience to help clients find a balance between thought and action, between being mindful and practical. She specialises in relationship and career coaching.
After quitting her strategy consulting career with Deloitte London, she retrained as a Certified Professional Co-active Coach with the acclaimed Coaching Training Institute, London. Living in India and Europe, she coaches a wide variety of clients internationally.
Her own experience has given her a keen understanding of what it takes to switch careers successfully. Transitioning from academia to corporate life to starting her own coaching practice taught her the importance of loving what you do and being authentic.
“Julie taught me to acknowledge my values in my decision making which has made such a difference to my life. She is a joy to work with and I would recommend her to anyone.”
Suzan Dann, Co-Founder and Creative Director at MOTHandRUST, London
Julie loves her work which gives her the freedom to combine personal, professional and spiritual growth. A common theme in client feedback is that Julie´s coaching style is natural, bright and impactful. It is a natural extension of what she enjoys doing – creating a safe space, tracking down the real issue and challenging the client to move forward.
In addition to 1:1 sessions, Julie facilitates retreats, workshops and coaching training. She also does freelance business strategy projects. She loves her yoga and meditation practice, is learning to master tarot card reading, and plans to write her second novel some time within the next 5 years. She blogs about spiritual and coaching topics on iliketothinkabout.wordpress.com.
Together with her partner Shivraj Bhullar, she runs Maitree House – a space for yoga, wellness and coaching retreats.
Contact Julie at email@example.com to book a trial session.
“Julie helped me a lot to accept myself the way I am right now. She has such a good energy and a very gentle and good soul. Her wisdom has a special grace that has an immediate effect when she speaks.”
- Certified Professional Co-active Coach at the Coaches Training Institute (2014)
- Qualified Professional Co-active Coach at the Coaches Training Institute (2013)
- Strategy Consulting Manager at Deloitte London (2008-2013)
- Yoga Asana, Pranayama & Philosophy Course at Mysore Mandala Yoga Shala, India (2012)
- Published Love Turns, her first novel (2012)
- Started her blog iliketothinkabout. A collection of dwelltime stories (2011)
- Founding member of TPWR, TED-style events collective, Amsterdam (2010)
- Associate at Outsights, Futures ThinkTank and Consultancy (2006-2008)
- Member of Dutch National ThinkTank (2006)
- MPhil (distinction) in Social & Political Sciences, University of Cambridge (2005)
- MA (distinction) in History, University of Utrecht and Paris IV – La Sorbonne (2004)
Maitree (maitri) is a sanksrit term which means uncondiontional love and friendship with oneself. It is the foundation of a peacful and happy life. How we treat ourselves is how we treat others and this forms our entire world view.